Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Phun Philly Event!
















I started drawing heads, but later had requests for themes, so I thought, "What the heck - go for it!" I aim to please! :)

One issue about themes is I do not memorize any body situation or have any plan. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, for I know many artists who practice with body situations. I prefer to conjure up the idea given to me, at the time, and hit the paper.

As you can see, golf was the "popular" theme for the evening, so I did several golf themes and went to town on different, fun ways to draw this theme with each of my guests. Mind you, I had to think and draw fast, so I had very little time to think about proper body structure and balance. I believe I need to work a little more on this, as well as my distance scenes, (mountains/lakes/trees, etc).

For now, I'm content on what I can do at a fast pace when drawing caricatures live.
Also, I need to make sure the photo taken is not "blurry!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home