Monday, January 07, 2008

Best Cartoon Style Award!























Wow! I just returned from my trip to the Netherlands, spending much time drawing with many of European's finest artists. I attended a minicon, called CU 2008 in the town of Oosterbeeck and later traveled to Amsterdam where I stayed for a tour on my last day.

I surprisingly won 3rd place for Best Cartoon Style. There were so many great and talented artists and I learned very much by watching, listening, and practice, practice, practice! Since I tend to be more of a digital artist, I feel I need to take the time to practice with my live "color" media, so I decided to take a step and start producing more live studio drawings (on paper) within my future.

My wall (window) of art was designed with color copics/colored pitt pens and colored pencils.

Here are many photos of many friends, my art display and drawings. Also, I finally had the pleasure of meeting Marion at the Hotel Dreyeroord, when she stopped by for a visit with her son and daughter! She is an amazingly talented artist!

Mick did a fantastic Photoshop rendition of me! Thanks Mick!

What a great and adventurous experience! I had so much fun and laughter with EVERYONE!
I will post more photos, hopefully closer and clear photos, later this evening!

7 Comments:

Blogger Terry Elliott said...

Congrats, Angie. I check your blog everyday. About time you got some kudos! Good job. Looks like you had a great time.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Angie,

It was a great time in Oosterbeek.
Isnt it? I learned a lot from all the talented artists. It gives such a boost. I anm so happy with the caricature you did of me. Thank you. i llike your style. Also checked your website. Good to see you work live-digital like we do here in Neterlands. Marion is very good in it. Pity you missed Harold, who works only digital.
greetings

Jan Ibelings

4:11 PM  
Blogger The Hurricane said...

AWESOME!!!!! ;O)
love the styles :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Steve Hearn said...

Sorry I missed you but I'm so pleased you had such a great time and good job on the 3rd place, love the work you produced there!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Thanks everyone! You make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Good to know I have friends who "show" they care! I appreciate this very much!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Marion said...

It was nice meeting you Angie, hope to see you again some day, some place !

4:34 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey Marion!

It was very good to meet you and I'm sure we'll meet up again. Next time, I may attempt to study the Dutch language!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home