Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Worked for Ralph Lauren last night!



I drew caricatures for Ralph Lauren last night at a city Mall. (thanks Sarah!) I was a bit concerned, because the customers had to buy Ralph Lauren in order to get a "free" caricature and we all know how expensive RL can be, right? (but it's a great product and worth it, of course) The event started slow, but rumor came around that I can draw from photos and next thing you know, I was busy drawing many kids from photos, newspaper clippings and someone even tried to get me to draw a baby sleeping from a cell phone shot(no thanks, I'll pass!) And customers actually bought RL to have photos drawn!!
Here are 2 I shot with camera last night, but it's hard to see the newspaper clipping of the boy I drew on left side, but I really wanted to work on cartooning my bodies much more and did. I was very excited with this one and so was my RL customer! The little girl (on right) was so adorable and posed for me without a problem. She was so thrilled, that I HAD to take a photo of her parading around with the drawing. Later on, I cartooned a pet dog from a B&W copy and I'm hoping this person will send me the photo soon for posting,(since I didn't take a photo - forgot) but I recieved her email this morning saying....

"Hi Angie,

My name is Nicole and I am the department manager of the Infant's Department in Boscov's. You were at our store October 17th for the Ralph Lauren event, and I have to tell you, it was awesome having you there. Your work is absolutely amazing! You drew my Old English Sheepdog, Dudley, and my family has not stopped talking about how wonderful it is!! Thank you so much for doing the event with Ralph Lauren Childrenswear, I will definitely be telling everyone about your Pet-Toons website!!

Thanks again,

Nicole & Dudley too!!"


The manager of Boscov's wants to bring me back! Giddy-Up! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home